Sign up hereif you are interested in taking the class!
This helps us match you with potential team members and keep you updated on office hours and other events.
1. Attend Events
Mo, Jan 23, 7:30-8:30 - General Info Session (Recording)
Thu, Feb 2nd, 5-6:30 - Info session with Alumni Chat
Wed, Feb 15, 6:30-8:30 - Pitch Night
Wed, Feb 22, 4:30-6:30 - Pitch Night / Mixer
2. Form a team of four or five
You will need at least one technical team member who can build and iterate on your MVP. For the Spring cohort, preference is given to all-engineering teams or teams with several ENGR or MS&E students.
We do not allow teams working on cannabis, alcohol, tobacco, gambling, or gun-related projects.
While we’ve had instances of teams with undergrads getting into the class, preference is given to grad students.
If you have an idea you’d like to incubate in Lean Launchpad, but have not formed a team, or if you want to participate in the class, but do not have a specific idea, start by adding yourself to the Team Formation Hub, send open calls to mailing lists, and attend the meetup sessions we will be hosting before the application deadline.
3. Apply by Midnight on Sunday, Feb 26
- Check out sample application
We will let you know by Monday 2/27 9am via email whether or not your team is selected for an interview. You will find a link in the email to sign up for a 15 min interview slot - first come, first serve.
Interviews are in-person and will take place on:
- Tuesday 2/28 from 12.15 to 3.00pm @Y2E2 253
- Wednesday 3/1 from 12.00 to 3.30pm @Y2E2 382
- Thursday 3/2 from 12.00 to 2.45pm @Shriram 052
If you are selected for an interview, scoring is based along the following dimensions:
- Team Background: Does the team have the mix of skills needed?
- Team Chemistry: Will the team work well together? Will they get along? (tip: we recommend students to introduce each other during the interview)
- Passion for Idea: How passionate/excited do they seem about the idea?
- Excitement for Class: Did they demonstrate an eagerness to learn and grow?
- Commitment to Class: Are they committed to putting in the hours?
- Teams may not do market research for companies or work for existing companies.
- No cannabis, alcohol, tobacco, gambling, or guns-focused ideas.
- There's a preference for teams to focus on US customers, as it isn't possible to have in-person interviews with international customers.